YERSIN T. ZHUNUSSOV
Reception hours: weekly Tuesday and Thursday from 16.00 to 18.00
Yersin T. Zhunussov was born in 1974. He is Board certified in “Public health/social hygiene and health management” and “traumatology and orthopedics”. Yersin T. Zhunussov graduated with honors from Semipalatinsk state medical academy in 1997. He also has higher economic education (graduated from Kazakh humanitarian-juridical innovative university in 2013). He repeatedly completed trainings and probations (2010, 2012, 2011, 2014) at Saint-Louis University (USA. Missouri) in the program “Health management general director selected as a honorable member”.
1997 – 2000 – Postgraduate student at the department of traumatology, orthopedics and BFS, Semipalatinsk State Medical Academy;
2000 – 2001 – Military service in Kazakhstan;
2002 – 2003 – Assistant, deputy head of the department of traumatology, orthopedics and BFS, Kazakh State Medical Academy;
2003 – 2006 – Vice-dean of the medical faculty at Kazakh State Medical Academy;
2006 – 2009 – Head of traumatology and orthopedics department at Traumatology and orthopedics research institute;
October 2009 – January 2010 – Head of polytrauma department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
February – July 2010 – Head of surgery department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
July 2010 – February 2014 – Head of orthopedic surgery and coagulopathy department, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
February 2014 – May 2014 – Director of innovations and science, JSC “Republican scientific center of emergency care”;
June 2014 – Deputy Head physician for innovation activity, MUS on EM “Municipal hospital #1” of Astana Akimat;
April 2016 – October 2016 – Vice-rector for strategic partnership and international cooperation in Semey State Medical University;
October 2016 – May 2017 - Deputy Head physician for innovation activity, MUS on EM “Municipal hospital #1” of Astana Akimat;
May 2017 till August 2017 – Vice-rector for strategic planning and international cooperation, Semey State Medical University.
July 1, 2017 till August 2017 - Acting Rector of Semey State Medical University.
August 2017 till present - rector of Semey State Medical University
Ye.T. Zhunussov has introduced over 80 innovative technologies for organization of the modern concepts in hospital management, education, diagnostics and treatment. He has also organized mentorship and master-classes with the leading foreign scientists and health professionals.
In many clinics and hospitals, for the first time, he has introduced and organized modern concepts and technologies of treatment, specifically:
- For the first time in CIS countries and Kazakhstan, Ye.T. Zhunussov has introduced modern concepts “Damage control” for tertiary health care for patients with serious injuries (including patients injured in traffic-road and work-related incidents);
- For the first time in Kazakhstan, he has introduced close minimally invasive technology for treatment of fracture of the pelvis, spine, long bones, juxta-articular and intra-articular fractures, as well as arthroscopy of the pelvis and ankle joints;
- For the first time in the Central Asia and Kazakhstan, tertiary health care on large joint replacement for patients with hemophilia was organized;
- For the first time in the Central Asia and Kazakhstan, he has orchestrated specialized department “Osteooncology”. This department has been orchestrated for treatment of malignant and benign tumors of supporting-motor system;
- Due to the international ties of Ye.T. Zhunussov with foreign colleagues, he is one of the first in Kazakhstan who organized trainings (probations) for the doctors and mid-level health professionals in large University clinics in USA, South Korea, Turkey and PRC;
- He is the first in Kazakhstan who introduced English language in daily practical work of the health professionals (morning staff meetings, discussions, etc.) and educational technology of residents and students;
- Constant exchange of experience and research insights allows him to make reports at the international level;
- In order to transfer experience and technologies, Ye.T. Zhunussov annually gives visiting master classes and carries out demonstrative surgeries in all regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
He is an author of 22 provisional patents of invention, 1 innovative patent of RK, 8 guidelines, and 162 scientific articles. His leading articles are published in Japan, USA, Poland, China, Russia and Ukraine.
1 doctoral and 2 candidate theses have been prepared for defense under auspices of Ye.T. Zhunussov. He is a contractor of 2 scientific and technical programs within the grant of MES and MH RK.
For the long and dedicated work Ye.T. Zhunussov was awarded thank-you letter from the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A. Nazarbayev, thank-you letter from “Nur Otan” party, lapel badge “For the contribution to the development of Healthcare of Kazakhstan”, lapel badge “Excellent Worker of Public Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, Certificate of Merit “The Best Medical Researcher” by the National Medical Holding, “Patriot of the year” for the cycle of work “Innovative diagnostics and treatment technology in orthopedics and traumatology” (2013).
He is proficient in Kazakh, Russian and English.