01.06.2018 interns GP 703 groups of Semey Medical University conducted sanitary and educational work on the prevention of meningococcal infection in CDA No.3 of Semey. Speakers reported the epidemiological situation of this infection in Kazakhstan, highlighted the issues of epidemiology and the clinic of meningococcal infection.
Separately, information was provided on the prevention of meningococcal infection. First of all, it was accentuated that you can not do self-medication !!! At the appearance of the first symptoms of the disease with catarrhal symptoms (reddening of the throat, fever, headache, weakness), contact the reception departments of infectious hospitals in the city or the nearest medical institution. Lecturers recalled the preventive recommendations for the population:
1. Limit participation in various cultural events, visits to swimming pools, visits to playgrounds in shopping and entertainment centers, sports sections and events.
2. Observe personal hygiene, wash hands thoroughly with detergents after the toilet and immediately before eating.
3. Do not share drinks, food, ice cream, sweets, chewing gum.
4. Often to ventilate the premises, daily to carry out wet cleaning in the organized collectives.
5. Limit visits to crowded places (entertainment), wear masks.
6. Vaccination with meningococcal vaccine is carried out according to epidemiological indications.
The seminar was attended by 25 employees of CDA No.3 of Semey.
Department of dermatovenerology and infectious diseases of Semey Medical University
Published on: 2018-06-04, 01:35 PM