Erasmus+ is the European Union’s new programme for 2014-2020 which is aimed at supporting actions, cooperation and academic mobility in the field of education, training, sport and youth policy.
Erasmus+ programme aims to modernize, support and develop education, training, youth policy and sport, and thus to provide the opportunity for employment. The new programme intends significant increase of investments to human development.
Quality education system and youth policy provide students with skills necessary at the current labour market. Educational reforms may strengthen progress in achievement of set goals on the basis of the shared vision, reliable data and cooperation between various regions.
Erasmus+ programme is based on the 25-year experience of the European educational programmes, covering both EU and non-EU countries. Erasmus + is the result of integration of the following European programmes that had been implemented by European Commission from 2007 to 2013:
· The Lifelong Learning Programme
· The Youth in Action Programme
· The Erasmus Mundus Programme
· Programmes of cooperation with industrialised countries in the field of higher education
3 main types of Key Actions
|Educational mobility for individuals|
– Staff mobility, in particular, teachers, lecturers, heads of schools and youth organizations staff;
– Students mobility;
– Credit guarantee for students;
– Joint Master’s degrees;
– Higher education mobility for citizens of EU and other countries;
– Volunteering, youth exchange;
|Cooperation for innovations and sharing experience|
– Strategic partnership between education/training or youth organizations and other participants concerned;
– Large-scale collaborations between educational organizations and business: Knowledge Alliances and Field Knowledge Alliances;
– IT platforms, including e-Twinning;
– Cooperation with third countries and focus on neighborhood countries;
|Support of reform policy|
– Open coordination method;
– Future initiatives;
– European recognition instruments;
– Distribution and use;
– Political dialogue with concerned parties, third parties and international organizations;
Detailed information about the programme in Russian is available on: http://www.erasmusplus.kz/index.php/ru/erasmus-ru/about-er
Detailed information about the programme in English is available on: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm.