HIV remains a major global public health problem. 79.3 million people have become infected with HIV since the beginning of the epidemic, 36.3 million of whom have died from AIDS-related illnesses (UNAIDS, 2021). The first of December is World AIDS Day, which has been held annually at the initiative of WHO since 1988. Our university annually holds events dedicated to this day. Our event is also dedicated to the 70th anniversary of our alma mater.
The organizers of the Olympiad are: associate professors Maukayeva S. B. (Department of Infectious Diseases, Dermatovenereology and Immunology), Rakhimzhanova F. S. ((Department of Microbiology named after Prof. M. M. Urazalin), Suleimenova D. M. (Department of Dental Disciplines), Khismetova Z. A. (Department of Public Health), standing committees on sexual and reproductive health, including HIV and AIDS, as well as on medical education of the KAZMSA organization.
The participants of the Olympiad were students of curatorial groups and undergraduate students.
The guests of the Olympiad were:
- Head of the Treatment and Prevention Department of the Center for Prevention and Control of AIDS in Semey Mamyrbekova Nailya Rymbekovna;
- Epidemiologist of the Center for Prevention and Control of AIDS in Semey Dilyara Dauletbekovna Tukeyeva;
- Dean of the School of Medicine Uzbekova Saltanat Esengaliyevna;
- Head of the Alliance of leaders of the city of Semey “City without drugs” Kadyrgaliev Adil;
- Senior detective of the Department for Combating Drug Crime of the Abai Region, Police Major Yespaeva Gaukhar Serikovna.
Questions were prepared for students in the Kahoot system. As a result of the quiz, the first place was taken by the team 503 group of the Faculty of Dentistry, students of the Faculty of Dentistry also received 2nd and 3rd places. In general, friendship and knowledge won. At the end of the event, KazMSA students held a flash mob.