Within the framework of the signed memorandum between the NCJSC “Semey Medical University” and Bukovinian State Medical University (Chernivtsi, Ukraine) from 20.04.2021 to 12.05.2021 Olha Vasilievna KUSHNIRYK, candidate of biological sciences, teacher of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of BSMU, held an online master class. In order to implement the visiting professor program, a series of lectures in English on Molecular biology, General and Medical Genetics in the integrated discipline “Heredity and Tissues” was delivered to the 1st year students of the specialty “General Medicine” and teacher’s staff of the Department of Molecular Biology and Medical Genetics named after Academician NAS RK Raissov T.K. of NCJSC “Semey Medical University”.
Academic mobility for teacher’s staff and visiting professor programs are among the most important areas of international and educational activities of universities, carried out with the aim of improving and enriching pedagogical skills, modernization of higher medical education, improving the quality and efficiency of education, implementing joint educational programs, research projects, participation in internships at foreign universities, familiarization with cultural communities of other countries.
A lot of preparatory work has been carried out on drawing up thematic plans of the lectures, agreeing on the dates, preparation of programs of academic mobility together with the departments of international cooperation of NCJSC “SMU” and BSMU.
Lectures from the partner’s university were conducted by Olha KUSHNIRYK, PhD, assistant of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of BSMU, Chernivtsi, Ukraine on the following topics:
- Molecular basis of heredity. Chromosomes. Realization of hereditary information – transcription, translation, posttranslative modifications of proteins.
- Patterns of inheritance in monohybrid and dihybrid crosses. Interaction of genes
- Heredity and variation (modification, mutation)
- Chromosomal disorders and Early manifestations of hereditary diseases
- Gene disorders and methods of their diagnosis
Lectures were held at a high modern methodological level with deep and interesting content, videos were shown during the lectures, after each section, situational tasks were considered and answers to questions were discussed as feedback from students. Students of our university listened with interest to the lectures, asked questions, expressed their gratitude to Olga Vasilievna Kushniryk.
The lectures-seminars were attended by the Head of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of the Bukovinian State Medical University (Chernivtsi, Ukraine), doctor of medical sciences, professor Bulyk Roman Evgenievich, who thanked the staff of the department and the Rector of Semey Medical University for the start of cooperation between our departments, in particular in working with foreign students, and hope for the further fruitful cooperation.
The Vice-Rector for international work of the Bukovinian State Medical University Grytsyuk Maryana Ivanovna and Vice Chairman of the Board for Strategic development and International cooperation of NCJSC “Semey Medical University” Aidossov Nurzhan Sarsymbekovich were invited to the last lecture of Olga Vasilievna Kushniryk, each of whom briefly presented information about their university in English language and expressed hope for further cooperation.
Administration of Semey Medical University, staff of the Department of Molecular Biology and Medical Genetics named after Academician NAS RK Raissov T.K. expresses its deep gratitude to colleagues from Bukovinian State Medical University and hopes for further cooperation:
- Olha Vasilievna Kushniryk, candidate of biological sciences, teacher of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of BSMU, Chernivtsi, Ukraine – for interesting, informative, rich lectures, rich in additional information, for competence, professionalism, excellent English, friendliness;
- Bulyk Roman Evgenievich, Head of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of the Bukovinian State Medical University (Chernivtsi, Ukraine), doctor of medical sciences, professor – for deep intelligence, good cooperation, openness, excellent communication skills, constant support and warm reviews.
- To the staff of the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics of the Bukovinian State Medical University – for their attention and support.